YAIE - Yet Another IMG Editor

|
YAIE, Yet Another IMG Editor, is currently the only IMG Editor that supports GTA Liberty Stories and Vice City Stories. On top of that it also supports GTA3, Vice City, and San Andreas. The GTA Stories part of the program also creates a .DIR file which enables you to open the IMG files any other IMG editor that supports GTA3 or VC, which I don't see way any one would want to use another program . Other features include multiply languages with support for the adding of more, search, extract, add, replace, and so on.. In addition YAIE has plugin support which I plan to release a GTA Stories Texture editor later on, in a week or so..
Please enjoy. If you find any bugs or have any comments please let me know.

15 comments:

Anonymous said...

Is it safe to overwrite the System32 files with the ones you provided?

Gamerz World said...

If you already have them, then the program should work. If it doesn't, then replace them and run the batch file to register them.

Anonymous said...

I registered them, yet i still get the Active X component cannot be created error when i launch the program

Anonymous said...

very good program, now i just need to know which are player models so i can replace them with vic O_O if you know those numbers or know someone who does could you email me? a_bucky_boy@hotmail.com thanks

  said...

Just use a Hex Editor and look at the models and textures intill both of them use the same texture...

Anonymous said...

It seems i cant, i try to load the ISO with a hex editor and i get an error saying that the hex editor cannot allocate the memory.

Everytime i try the YAIE, i get a ActiveX 492 error, and then a crash window pops up... and says that the kernel32.dll maybe the source of the problem...?

  said...

Are yout trying to load the ISO in my program? If so my program only opens the IMG file..

Anonymous said...

this is very good. i just which i knew how to program so i could make one for the socom series.

Anonymous said...

Does this work for the PS2 versions as well?

  said...

Yes.. If you have a modded PS2 please let me know. I would love to see some hacking on it....

Anonymous said...

when i try to replace files in gta3.img the editor instantly closes.
comments?

Anonymous said...

Dustcrazy you're a genius! Shame you got banned from the Forum! So could I use the textures/models from YAIE and extract them onto my computer and add them to San Andreas for PC?

Anonymous said...

Sorry for my bad English,
I now you work is stop,but i hope somebody make IMG Editor for GtaIV
I download this game,and i see many .IMG files,Please somebody make some program to extract this FILES

  said...

Well I can't say that I haven't already started.....

Anonymous said...

can you reply fast t this message?
i use vista homepremium sp1, when i replace cars and close the archive, a nd launch sa-mp, the game freeze..
also with img tool
what i can do?
email me at wowgod@live.it if u have a solution